Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Staphylococcus aureus...or...E.coli?Neisseria?

Pseudomonas aeruginosa

had our microbiology practical exam this morning...i think a few of my frenz faced some problems in identifying the microorganisms they got...i think even differenciating between Gram -ve n Gram +ve is tough for their case...n talking bout differenciating between coccus n bacillus...hmm~just hope that they get it correct lah...but then,my frenz have different answers?if one is correct,that me the other fren's will b wrong...sob~

according to Mr.Khalid,identification dun carry marks...yea well,i guess marks r not the onli thing that matters...?imagine spending stressful time doing Gram staining n identification tests...n in the end,didn get the correct identity of the microorganisms...!(#&$#^!!! rite?

well, as for me,tho experienced some confusions in Oxidase test+my poor technique in using the microscope...things were quite smooth..thank God!was quite relieved when i saw the Centrimide agar on my bench...i was like..."I know U!Pseudomonas aeruginosa!"
the miroorganism given to me showed resistance onli to 1 antibiotic...so yea,i onli needed 2 measure the zone of inhibition for it...completed my identification quite early..so i repeated the Oxidase test again...n looked at the bacteria under the microscope again...to confirm.yup!

  • growth on centrimide agar.
  • rods.->bacillus
  • stained red.->Gram -ve
  • pallisade arrangement. (clever Phuay Fhern reminded me yesterday...Thanx!!) =)
  • +ve result for oxidase test.
  • clinical case given:respiratory problem

my hypothesis: Pseudomonas aeruginosa

my fingers r still crossed...so hope i get things correct!


No comments: